Monday, May 18, 2009

Mmmm... Artisan Bread...

Nothing induces a Homer Simpson like mumble and drool quite like freshly baked bread. I was at my local grocers, looking at the bake shop and it's baked bread. I'm not going to lie. I was drooling in the middle of Giant Eagle. Fantasizing about sandwiches and paninis. (Did I mention that we NEVER have bread in my house?) So, I bought some. 

Have you ever heard of these? My yoga teacher made them for me the last time I was over her house, and yeah. They're pretty tasty. Sometimes you just want tofu now. And you don't want to press it. And marinade it. And cook it. These, you take out of the freezer and just plop them into a bit of oil in a pan, and turn until they're nice and brown. And they're vegan. And they're organic. And gluten free. And pretty tasty. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about, was all the packaging... (I'm trying to reduce my daily waste)...
So I made this noshtastic sandwich. Thick slices of artisan bread, a tofu steak, some sauteed kale, a little bit of red onion, some avocado slices, and a dash of salt and pepper... Omg. Yum. And I bet this would be AWESOME grilled panini style... I think I'm going to go make one right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment